Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Challenge


Blogging Challenge


My friend, Kate, blogs quite often.  She linked me to this challenge and it's a perfect start to this blogging thing that I'm trying to do.  So for August 1, the challenge asks "Who are you" and to introduce myself.

Who am I?  Let's start with the basics.  My name is Megan, but most people call me Megg.  The two g's came from High School.  You see, back in the 80s, when I was born, Megan was a very popular name.  I figured this out early in life when I was NEVER the only Megan in a group or class or whatever.  It started to get a bit confusing to decipher my stuff from the other Megan's.  Therefore, one of my best friends at the time suggest for me to put an additional G at the end of my name to distinguish myself from others.  Since then, I have been spelling my name with an additional G..it stuck.  I am the oldest of three children.  I have a brother and a sister,  My parents and most of my other family members live in Pennsylvania...NEPA (North East PA).  You may have heard of Scranton (from the Office) and you may have also heard of Wilkes-Barre. That's where I am from.  I moved to Boston in 2006 when I started grad school at MGH Institute of Health Professions to get my Master's in Speech-Language Pathology.  When I was in grad school, I picked up a part-time job at Redbones BBQ in Davis Square.  That is where I met my boyfriend, Clayton, who is an amazing person and has grown up with me since I was 22-years old.  In 2007ish, I started to swing dance.  I was AWFUL, but stuck with it for some reason and I am now in a swing dance group that performs at events, weddings, etc.  I still can't believe that I get paid to dance sometimes.  It's unreal.  I graduated in 2008 and stayed in Somerville, MA because I loved it so much.  I still live in Somerville and I work in Newton at a small outpatient clinic working with brain injury.  I've mentioned these things before, so I won't go into them too much.   So I guess if I had to pick 5 words that were semantically related to me, they might be:

1.  SLP (Speech-Language Pathologist)
2.  Swing Dance
3.  Somerville
4.  Pennsylvania
5.  Italian

Yeah, so that's a quick intro.  Nice to meet you.  


Here is a pic of Clayton and I at one of our swing dance gigs.

Here is a pic of our swing dance group from a 20s event.  That was one of the best days ever.

Tomorrow, I will discuss 3 wishes!  Can't wait.









1 comment:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of you :)